***LABOR MOVEMENT RELIEF FUNDS***
A number of unions, guilds and affiliated nonprofits have established relief funds for workers devastated by the COVID-19 pandemic, many of which are listed below. Your donation will help provide crucial support to workers during this challenging time click here to learn more about how you can help.
DISCLAIMER: WE ARE UPDATING THE LIST AS WE RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, YOU CAN EMAIL COMMS@GCAFLCIO.ORG.
We're committed to keeping you updated on information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact in the United States and the federal and D.C. government workforces. You deserve to have the appropriate resources, equipment, training and protocols readily available at work. Agencies have the obligation to ensure the health and safety of working people. To assist our members, AFGE has created a coronavirus resource website at www.afge.org/Coronavirus. We are continuously updating the site with new information, so check back frequently. The site now includes: which includes:
- · Updated bargaining guidance around coronavirus
- · Guidance from OPM, DOL, OWCP, & CDC
- · Up-to-date news from many sources
- · Specific information about coronavirus for employees in different sectors from the AFL-CIO
- · A link to update your information so you can receive the latest communications about coronavirus from AFGE
Please regularly check afge.org/Coronavirus to view important coronavirus updates and update your information so you never miss an important update on coronavirus from AFGE.
Teamsters local 988
Our app has been opened for general use with our COVID19 tab. Download Teamster Local 988 app push skip registration on bottom right then go to COVID19 tab. Any AFLCIO affiliate is welcomed to direct members to this area for information. They will not an able to access restricted areas.
The COVID–19 pandemic is hitting the more than 300,000 UNITE HERE members in the U.S. and Canada especially hard. As business pauses in theme parks, sports and event venues, airports, hotels, and convention centers, working families face are facing layoffs and uncertainty. Click here to access UNITE HERE's COVID-19 response page.
IBEW 716 has taken the following actions to comply with Local , State and IBEW policies.
1. The Code update class of April 11th is cancelled, and a decision on the May 30th class will be made in May. Here is the website for the State of Texas list of approved online classes if you need to get the class completed before May 30th. To select an Internet Continuing Education Course on TDLR website:
- Click on: List of registered Continuing Education providers and courses for Electricians.
- Click on: C.E. Electrician.
- Click on: Offers Internet Courses.
- Select a provider.
You can pay for your license online, and TDLR will send your license after you take the class if you need to renew quicker.
2. The IBEW 716 Union Meeting of April 1st has been cancelled, with the approval of Steven Spears IVP 7th District.
3. All CODE OF EXCELLENCE, and other meetings at IBEW 716 have been postponed until further notice. If you need to know about any class or meeting scheduled for the IBEW 716 hall, call and ask before driving to the Hall, it may save you a trip.
4. The JATC has cancelled classes for 2 weeks, and will review at that time how to proceed. Call the JATC at 713.649.2739 if you have questions about classes.
5. The EWMC poker tournament scheduled for March 21st is cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date. Call 713.869.8900 x 242 if you have questions about the poker tournament.
6. Business Manager Damon Sebren has suspended the DING system until May 1st, and will review at that time how to proceed. No one will receive a DING, and no one will be rolled off the book during this time.
7. IBEW 716 will be starting contract negotiations in June, You should receive an email about the Contract soon.